Sep 3, 2011

Where does the time go?

Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Moments So Dear
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes
How do you measure--measure a year?

*Teaching*
I'm always learning new, interesting things to try in my classroom. I'm currently participating in a Learning to Read, Reading to Learn professional development. With this training I will learn more ways to create proficient readers through the different components of reading. We did a Making Math Magic training this year so I'm consistently figuring out and trying to remember ways to incorporate the materials and games in math. Also, within the past two years we've had Ipods, laptops, and Ipads purchased for use at Alvaton. I incorporated these into my small groups last year and would like to be proficient in using these types of technology to benefit my students. I've told myself with all of the new things being implemented this year at school, that I'll incorporate one new thing at a time, because it can be very overwhelming to have so many things going on!! I'd rather do one thing wholeheartedly than a bunch of things halfheartedly.

*Crafting*
I love crafting and can spend hours in my craft corner. I've always thought about creating cards and selling them. People will pay big money for handmade things that they cannot make. I consider it a success if I have cards made for my friends and loved ones birthdays! I love experimenting with vinyl and would love to sell gifts decorated with vinyl. Last year, I made a couple of Christmas ornaments decorated with a monogram in vinyl and I'm currently pricing some ornaments to sell to a girl my mom works with. I have also sold several car decals. In addition I created a monogram wall decal for our house that I've yet to put up. I enjoy working on our scrapbook and our "vacation" scrapbook is a work in process. I would like to finish this and possibly redo some of the first pages of our wedding scrapbook that I did before I had my cricut.

*Blogging*
I've recently discovered the wonderful world of blogging. Right now, education blogs and friends' blogs are what I enjoy reading.

*Pinterest*
I've joined pinterest tonight and am just imagining the ways that this is going to fill up my time. There are so many cute ideas on there!! If only I can figure out how to use it properly...but that of course will take more time!

*Exercising*
I've been a member of BAC for about 2 months and have found a love for some of the classes offered. Who knew one could look forward to exercising, much less enjoy it??

I try to remember to take it one day at a time and not to commit to more than I can handle. I also prioritize the things that are most important. I can't believe I asked myself what I would do with my time once I got out of grad school! I'm blessed to have a passion for so many things; I really wouldn't have it any other way. I know that God has provided me with a passion for these things because it's centered around my passion for Him. That's what keeps me from getting stressed. What would life be like if you didn't love anything or find anything enjoyable? God provides for us in ways such as these that go unnoticed... and He still loves us! There are also some things I'm working on internally and in prayer and that too I take one day at a time. Taking into account all of this and I often find myself muttering the words, "where does the time go?"




Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree...time is swiftly passing and we blink and another year has passed by! I love your new blog and all your interests...most of which we share! I didn't know you had started workout classes at BAC...how fun! Which classes do you take and is that on a weekly basis?

    ReplyDelete