Sep 4, 2011

What's in a name?

So, I've been wanting to blog for a while now and didn't know where to begin. Well...that's not entirely true, I knew where to begin but the difficulty came with deciding what to name my blog. My thoughts reflect back to my 5th grade (amazing) English teacher who taught me the importance of having a good title. That's how you grab your reader's attention and then if your writing is worth reading you'll keep them throughout. Have I lost you yet?? Any who, I went to the extremes of googling blog titles and that resulted in zilch. Then I thought maybe I'd try some proverbs from the bible, I thought that would be cool since I'm on an ongoing spiritual journey; however, while some posts will be about my faith and others won't I decided I wanted to broaden the content of my blog and highlight the randomness through my title. Then...BAM!!!!! It hit me! My blog will be about random things I'm thinking about or happenings of my life or the people in it...and I say to people ALL the time that my best thinking is done in the shower. (In fact, I said it today...just ask my friend/coworker Crystal if you don't believe me.) So I googled the first title that I came up with (even though I didn't love it) just to make sure it was grammatically correct; I'm a teacher people...it has to be right! When I did that, a shower advertisement came up that said empower your shower and Wah-Lah I had a blog title! I'm quite proud of it actually, so if you don't like it, don't tell me. Haha! Now, I know some of your best thinking comes from the shower too so just to humor myself, and for your reading pleasure, I found an article entitled "20 Reasons Why Many People Get Their Best Ideas in the Shower" (apparently their English teacher didn't give them a lesson on good titles).

Article: 20 Reasons Why Many...

Just in case you're interested, my personal favorite is:

16. Albert Einstein also did his best thinking near a shower.


I'd say I'm on to something. I mean if Albert did it...

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna love your blog....I love blogs in general! You crack me up!! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm...should I tell you that you said, "it's has to be right!" Maybe not... Hahaha!

    Love it! Can't wait to read your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete