Sep 24, 2011

Modern day entertainment

I'm one of those people who really enjoy "people watching". In this day and age, I believe time has evolved with a modern day people watching called "status watching". I can get just as much sheer enjoyment and entertainment from facebook posts as I can from sitting on a bench at the mall. Some statuses/posts make me laugh, put me in disbelief, annoy the heck out of me, or make me ponder, anyways...you get the point.

First of all, there are the dinner statuses, you know the ones. People post every portion of their menu except for the the type of plate it's sitting on. This post serves two purposes for me. Number one, you've made me hungry and number two, you have reminded me of how I suck as a wife because while I read your post, my frozen Bertolli meal is in the oven.

Let's see, then there are the song lyric people. These people can find any event in their life or any emotion during the day and associate it with a song lyric. When I read a post that doesn't make a lick of sense, I usually contribute it to being a song lyric because more than likely, I've never heard the song or could even begin to guess which one it comes from.

Moving on...we all know the copy and paste status people. Who knew every week of the year was dedicated to something? Brother/ sister/ cousin/ mother/ father/ aunt/ uncle/ grandma/ grandpa/ pet week, crime show lovers week, friend week, shark week, football week, book week, craft week, I stubbed my toe week, etc. I mean...Hallmark should jump on that.

Among my top favorite are the debate starters, however; these are not the people I love. It's the people who disagree with the post starter that do it for me. I love these people. The debate starter is then so appalled that someone could not agree with them, that they have to post back and wah-lah, you have a real live debate.

The complainers---my life sucks because I couldn't find an outfit to wear, I'm sick, the car wouldn't start this morning, I was late to my meeting, they didn't serve double chocolate chip muffins on the buffet, I broke my favorite coffee mug...the list goes on and on. Hey, if nobody will listen to vent about how the world hates you that day, I'm there for ya babe!

There are the dog/child posts--Hello people, I think what my dog/child does is the cutest thing in the world and you should to...so take a look! (guilty as charged on that one!)

Finally, we have the teacher posts---We love our job because not only did our precious students do or say something cute that day but we get summer break, fall break, spring break, snow days, and pretty much every holiday off...we're making the world a better place by educating the future of our country and we don't mind that we work 15 hours a day and get paid a fraction of our law makers because like I said, we love our job AND...it's 10 times better than what you chose to do might I add. We are not entitled, we're just sayin... :0)

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. love it!! (i am definitely guilty of the dog/child and the teacher posts...)

    ReplyDelete